Luther Place Memorial Church was built in 1873 to commemorate the peace that followed the Civil War. It was designed in the Gothic Style by architects Judson York, J.C. Harkness and Henry Davis. It is built of Seneca red sandstone and is notable for its spires and arches as well as its stained glass windows. The building was restored following a fire in 1904 and the interior again in 2007.
WEI fabricated four pairs of new entry doors for the historic building based on the Architect’s design. Two of the pairs of doors fit within original gothic arch frames and featured extensive gothic style embellishments. The other two pairs were square with leaded quarrel lights that were fabricated to match the existing glass transoms. The doors were all built of quartersawn white oak using traditional joinery.