Building C of the D.C. Courts complex at Judiciary Square was designed by Washington’s municipal architect Nathan C. Wyeth and constructed in 1938 as the Juvenile Court. The structure was designed to match the adjacent D.C. Court of appeals, with limestone, Ionic columns and arch-topped windows.
Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc (WEI) was responsible for the restoration of over 100 historic windows and doors of both. WEI worked closely with historic preservation consultants and court’s representative to remove window sashes and door leafs from site and transport to WEI’s woodwork shop for complete restoration. Complete restoration included removing and salvaging all existing glass and hardware for reuse, stripping all paint, repairing all damaged wood members, priming, reglazing, and painting. Restored items were then wrapped and transported to site for reinstallation into the site restored and painted wood frames. All existing hardware was restored